London is always ranked as one of the most attractive destinations in the world. No doubt, it has iconic buildings, world-class tourist attractions, and restaurants serving food from all over the world. Furthermore, the world’s biggest events are also celebrated in London. London’s New Year’s Parade is among those festivals that are celebrated with full zest and zeal.
The London New Year’s Day Parade is known as LNYDP by Londoners for over three decades. The parade will be held on 1st January. It begins at Parliament Square and continues through Whitehall to Trafalgar Square, Cockspur Street, Pall Mall, Lower Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, and Piccadilly, up to the Berkeley Street juncture. More than 500,000 viewers line the track to admire its beauty.
- You can normally enjoy the parade for free of cost on the streets or purchase grandstand passes for a better view. Previous years’ high points of the Parade day included seeing the sequin-clad Pearly Kings and Queens, cheering on motorcyclists attempting amazing stunts alongside Britain’s best female stunt rider, and watching traditional lion and dragon dances from the London Chinese Chinatown Association.
- This year’s parade in January was streamed live online. However, the organizers are certain that the event in 2022 will take place in the streets of London as planned.
- Destination Events in collaboration with PBS, BBC Radio London, London Live, and Telenet Global Logistics, will give another spectacular series of outdoor and indoor performances. This eventually brings the phenomenal LNYDP, which will take place on Piccadilly at noon on January 1st.
- Dancers, cheerleaders, acrobats, marching bands, historic cars will gather in the center of the capital for a vibrant celebration. Additionally, you can see many innovative shows and traditional pomp. Ceremony include giant balloons, music, and confetti.
- The 2022 Parade will feature over 10,000 artists. The artists belong to the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and beyond. They will delight the street crowd of over 500,000 and our TV audience which exceeds 450,000,000 during our most recent live public event on January 1, 2020.
London’s New Year’s Parade is one of the famous events in the UK. It is celebrated with full warmth. Every citizen enjoys this festival and waits for the 1st of Jan of every year to celebrate it.