This year, Dubai will host one of the world’s most important events. Expo 2020 is a World Expo that will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022. The event was rescheduled from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021 due to Covid-19. Despite the postponement, the year 2020 was retained in the name for branding and marketing purposes. On November 27, 2013, the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) general session in Paris named Dubai as the host city.
This year the theme of Expo 2020 Dubai is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future.” Sustainability, Opportunity, and Mobility are the sub-themes. Industries, governance, employment business capital, and education are the principal areas for the Sustainability section. The goal of mobility will be to bridge the gap between developed areas and others that require administrative and technological assistance. Whereas, the opportunity will highlight the emerging sectors and companies following the central theme and highlighting new opportunities.
- In November 2013, Dubai won the bid for the event. Several cities made proposals to host the event, but Dubai was chosen by 116 votes. At the assembly, 164 member nations voted.
- Country pavilions will be present, a first in the history of any World Expo. This will make visitors to immerse themselves in a country’s culture.
- Partner and Organization Pavilions, as well as specific pavilions dedicated to various themes, will be available during the Expo.
- The dates for the Dubai Expo 2021 are October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.
- A dedicated Mobility District will be created to provide new connections, link the gulf with the digital sphere, and enable idea exchange. Riding autonomous and innovative vehicles and learning about space search programs such as the Emirate Mars Mission and UAE National Space Programme are among the available activities.
- Visitors can see advanced mobile equipment in action on a 330-meter track that includes both outdoor and underground lanes.
- The Opportunity District will demonstrate how actions and daily lives are linked. It will include activities such as change-makers, idea sharing, social innovators, and youth empowerment.
- The People and Planet Program will promote innovation and conversation, as well as re-imagining the economy, dignity, integrity, and equality.
- There will be five tracks: Leave No One Behind, Build Bridges, Thrive Together, Live in Balance, and UAE Vision 2017, all of which will explore the world’s major issues.
- 200+ participants, partners, and millions of visitors will form a global action community.
What are the biggest attractions at the Dubai Expo 2020?
- At the same location, UAE school kids will perform. Audience will enjoy street festivals, stage displays, parades, concerts, and musical events.
- The Expo is divided into ten theme weeks. These weeks will cover the six months of the event. Each week will focus on a different aspect of humanity’s difficulties. These aspects include economics, culture, the environment, or social issues.
- In Expo Dubai 2021, the Emirates Pavilion will allow visitors to experience the future of commercial aviation as it will be in 2071, the UAE’s centennial year.
- Along with healthcare advancements, humanitarian drone routes, transportation of medical supplies to inaccessible locations, and worldwide quality standards will be demonstrated.
- The falcon-shaped UAE Pavilion, built by Santiago Calatrava, is a prominent attraction.
- The arch-themed dome built by Assar Architects and Vincent Callebaut Architectures will wow visitors at the Belgium Pavilion.
- The Al Wasl Dome, designed by Gordon Gill Architecture and Adrian Smith, will have the world’s largest 360-degree projection surface.
- At the Mobility District, you may ride the world’s largest passenger lift, which can accommodate up to 160 people.
- The Al Wasl Opera will provide guests with enjoyable experiences by combining local Emirati talent with the best international talent.
- Visitors will taste plant-based cuisine ranging from kebabs to pizzas.
- Talabat Kitchen provides a dining experience with robots, featuring 30+ concepts in a unique cloud kitchen.
- The African cuisine hall brings together the top chefs to prepare mouthwatering dishes.
- There are three types of passes available: daily, monthly, and seasonal passes.
- The daily pass costs AED 95 and is valid for one day only.
- The monthly pass costs AED 195 and gives you unlimited access for 30 days.
- The AED 495 seasonal pass gives you unlimited access to the Expo for the entire six months.
- Children under the age of 18, students with valid ID cards from recognized academic institutions, and tourists aged 60 and up are all free to enter.
- Disabled individuals have no ticket fees, with one caretaker receiving a 50% discount.
No doubt, Dubai Expo 2020 is the most awaited event. Six months-long events are bringing a long list of activities. Trade, commerce, social and environmental issues, food, education, health, etc. all aspects are shown and discussed in this mega event. Grab your ticket and visit this World Expo as soon as possible.
2 thoughts on “Expo Dubai 2020 – All you need to know about”
There is obviously a lot to realize about this. I think you made various nice points in features also.
I’ve been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your site?